Obsessed with Embellishment

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Why I Luv "Dancing With The Stars"




First off - Emmitt had a MUCH better posse - Roger Staubach, Troy Aikman - and who did Mario have? George Lopez. His Mom. Need I say more?

True, the are-they-or-are-they-not-dating back story was really compelling, but folks - they ARE dating - because we saw Mario's Mom show up at a rehearsal, and Karina bestowed upon her that respectful peck-on-the-cheek required by the pack's Alpha Female. Trust me, if Mrs. Lopez took that air kiss from Karina - she's dating her son.

And Emmit, to his credit, won this thing because he used his NFL training to full advantage - not only did he win the World's Ugliest Trophy, but now he gets to call up Jerry Rice tomorrow morning and say "Pay UP, Brother!" ( I didn't think it was possible to for any trophy to be uglier than the Stanley Cup, or *gack* the Indy 500 Trophy, whose minature bas-relief heads of the previous winners scare the daylights out of me. )

But it was, in short - a totally satisfying 16 weeks of reality TV. The real winner? Cheryl - two years in a row now. Time to renegotiate that contract baby!

5 Comments:

Blogger Gorgeous Things said...

Oh yeah, My Man won! Don't get me wrong: Mario was cute as a button, and the kid could dance. But give me a real man who can shake his booty like Emmitt did in the Samba and I just swoon!

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta love it! If you haven't already, read Robin Givhan's take in the Washington Post. It's both insightful and hilarious.

9:43 PM  
Blogger Lisette said...

I had never seen this till the semis and knew instantly that Emmit would win! All that NFL training- the man has feet touched by the gods! Why is that trophy so ugly?

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just dropping you a note to compliment you on your blog! Being a sewing enthusiast myself, I appreciate the opportunity to learn from and share information with other sewers. I would like to send you a free pattern from my pattern store, www.sewinggarden.com. If you're interested please email me at:
susan@sewinggarden.com
best regards,
Susan

1:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Is this true, no new blogstuff in 3 mos? Or maybe my connection is funky.

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home